CRPuO organized one day workshop at FSS 4007 at the University of Ottawa on April 19th 2012 with the objectives to:
- This workshop will be held at the University of Ottawa on April 19th, 2013 with the objectives to:
- Awareness of all potential stakeholders of the Sustainable Digital City concept and the potential benefits to the region.
- Formulate the key research challenges where researchers in the region, can make a significant impact.
- Facilitate the formation of new industry, academia, and government laboratory partnerships to address these challenges.
- Encourage funding agencies to create programmes at the intersection of Energy, ICT, Nanotechnology (electronics & photonics) to support the R&D and demonstration platforms.
- 9:00 am – 9:30 am
Networking and Breakfast.
- 9:30 am – 9:40 am
Sylvain Charbonneau, Ph.D. Associate Vice-President, Research/ University of Ottawa, opening remarks
- 9:40 am – 10:40 am
Prof. Trevor Hall, Director of CRPuO, “Sustainable digital cities“.
- 10:40 am – 11:20 am
Ron Van Holst, OCE-Ontario, “Select SOSCIP research stories for sustainable digital cities“.
- 11:20 am – 12:10 pm
Tibor Turi, NSERC Ontario Regional Office, “Mechanisms for industry-academic cooperation“.
- 12:10 pm – 1:30 pm
- 1:30 pm – 1:50 pm
Leon Liu, Viscore Technologies, “Optimize the power consumption on datacenters in a smart city”.
- 1:50 pm – 2:30 pm
Prof. Karin Hinzer, CRPuO, “Solar energy generation for use in smart grids“.
- 2:30 pm – 3:15 pm
Ritch Dusome, Cisco, “Role of technology in smart cities“.
- 3:15 pm – 3:45 pm
Wie Yang, CRPuO, “A unified control infrastructure for low energy consumption internet“.
- 3:45 pm – 5:00 pm
closing remarks, and Networking.
Faculty of Social Sciences, 120 University, Social Sciences Building, Room 4007, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada, K1N 6N5