Mehedi Hasan started his career as an academician by joining at Military Institute of Science and Technology, Bangladesh as a “Lecturer” in 2009. Prior to that, in the same year he completed bachelor in Electrical, Electronic and Communication Engineering from the same university. Then he completed M. A. Sc. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from University of Ottawa, Canada in 2015. In the same year, he has started Ph.D. at center for Research in Photonics, University of Ottawa under the supervision of Professor Trevor Hall after he has been awarded International Admission Scholarship for four years. His research currently focuses on the modeling and design of photonic integrated circuit for energy efficient and sustainable next generation network.
- M. Hasan, J. Hu, H. Nikkah and T. J. Hall,“ A photonic circuit for complementary frequency shifting, in-phase quadrature/single sideband modulation and frequency multiplication: analysis and integration feasibility,” Journal of Modern Optics (Online).
- M. Hasan, T. J. Hall, “Comments on Xuan Li, Shanghong Zhao, Zihang Zhu, Bing Gong, Xingchun Chu, Yongjun Li, Jing Zhao and Yun Liu ‘An optical millimeter-wave generation scheme based on two parallel dual-parallel Mach–Zehnder modulators and polarization multiplexing,” Journal of Modern Optics (Online).
- T. J. Hall and M. Hasan, “Universal discrete Fourier optics RF photonic integrated circuit architecture,” Optics Express 24(7), (2016).
- M. Hasan, and T. J. Hall, “Rebuttal to Photonic Microwave Generation with Frequency Octo-tupling based on a DP-QPSK Modulator,” IEEE Photonic Technology Letters 28(16),1794 (2016).
- M. Hasan, and T. J. Hall, “A photonic frequency octo-tupler with reduced RF drive power and extended spurious sideband suppression,” Optics and Laser Technology 81, 115-121(2016).
- M. Hasan, R. Guemri, R. Maldonado-Basilio, F. Lucarz, J-L de Bougrenet and T. J. Hall, “Photonic integrated circuit for frequency 8- and 24-tupled millimeter wave signal generation: erratum,” Optics Letters 40(24), 5710 (2015).
- M. Hasan, and T. Hall, “Cascade photonic integrated circuit architecture for electro-optic I-Q / SSB modulation or frequency conversion,” Optics Letters 40(21), 5038-5041(2015).
- M. Hasan, and T. Hall, “A photonic circuit for high order USB and LSB separation for remote heterodyning: simulation and analysis” Optics Express 23(19), 25259-25271 (2015).
- R. Maldonado-Basilio, M. Hasan, R. Gumeri, F. Lucarz, T. J. Hall, “Generalized Mach–Zehnder interferometer architectures for radio frequency translation and multiplication: Suppression of unwanted harmonics by design,” Optics communication 354, 122-127 (2015).
- R. Maldonado-Basilio, M. Hasan, H. Nikkah, S. Abdul-Majid, R. Gumeri, F. Lucarz, J-L. de Bougrenet and T. J. Hall, “Electro-optic up-conversion mixer amenable to photonic integration,” Journal of Modern Optics 62(17), 1405-1411 (2015).
- M. Hasan, R. Maldonado-Basilio, and T. J. Hall, “Dual-function photonic integrated circuit for electro optic frequency multiplication or single-side-band modulation,” Optics Letters 40(11), 2501 (2015).
- M. Hasan, R. Maldonado-Basilio, T. J. Hall, “Comments on X. Yin, A. Wen, Y. Chen, and T. Wang, ‘studies in an optical millimeter-wave generation scheme via two parallel dual-parallel Mach-Zehnder modulators,” Journal of Modern Optics 62(7), 581-583 (2015).
- M. Hasan, R. Guemri, R. Maldonado-Basilio, F. Lucarz, J-L de Bougrenet and T. J. Hall, “Photonic integrated circuit for frequency 8- and 24-tupled millimeter wave signal generation,” Optics Letters 39(24), 6950 (2014).
- I. Baqee, M. Hasan, K. K. Das, M. U. Saad, S. Serraji, “A Neural Network-based Face Recognition Method by Illumination Normalization & Edge Detection,” Journal of Applied Engineering Research 6(17), 2069-2077(2011)
Publications (Conference Proceedings):
- M. Hasan, D. Sun, P. Liu and T. J. Hall, “Towards a universal RF photonic integrated circuit architecture for microwave applications,” 37th Progress in Electromagnetics Research Symposium (PIERS), Shanghai, China 8-11 August (2016).
- T. J. Hall and M. Hasan, “Universal photonic integrated circuit architecture: the discrete Fourier transform case,” Photonics North, Montreal, Canada (2016).
- R. Maldonado-Basilio, N. Nabavi, K. Aulakh, M. Hasan, and T. J. Hall, ‘Photonic Integrated Circuit for Millimeter-Wave Signal Generation by Frequency Multiplication’, IEEE Photonics Conference, Hyatt Regency Reston, Reston, Virginia USA ,4 – 8 October 2015.
- I. Jahangir, D. M. N. Hasan, S. Islam, N. A. Siddique, M. Hasan, “Development of a novel quaternary algebra with the design of some useful logic blocks,” – In proceedings of 12th International Conference of Computer and Information Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh, pp. 197-202 (2009).
- I. Jahangir, D. M. N. Hasan, S. Islam, N. A. Siddique, M. Hasan, “Design of quaternary sequential circuits using a newly proposed quaternary algebra,” – In proceedings of 12th International Conference of Computer and Information Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh, pp. 203-208 (2009).