I thought I used to be destined to be requested to inform a joke.I’m severe.Ahead of I went to your NHL Merge back in 2014, this can be what a lot of my buddies and that i believed we had been going to be asked inside our interviews. We listened to this was a common point that teams would do to discover how we would react.My 1st interview, I was not asked to inform a joke.Connected: Reid Duke, seven Enjoyment FactsInstead, I recall staying marched right into a very small space and questioned to take a seat inside a chair struggling with all of these executives. It absolutely was almost like getting while in the principal’s busine s. Or remaining introduced into a law enforcement station for questioning.I’m 18 and i am sitting inside of a chair struggling with a desk, with about twelve of the team’s executives observing me.Twenty-four eyes, centered appropriate on me. I used to be so youthful that when i walked in, they have to are already licking their chops.Appropriate away, I could tell that they would not be inquiring me to tell any jokes. They had been grilling me really hard.Their queries went a thing similar to this: “you men were a horrible staff previous yr, you will need to have had negative coaches, what does one imagine?”And then: “we’ve witne sed your game. When you try this, you’re totally terrible. What would you feel?”At some time, I didn’t understand what to mention. I had been making ready to inform a joke!I tried to believe over the fly, and started providing my respond to and telling them what I a sumed they needed to hear from me.Correct absent, 1 from the guys was ideal on me. Video: Check out highlights from the Golden Knights’ Reid DukeHe mentioned: “look, cut the ********. We would like to hear the real responses.”I was stunned.It was like: “whoa, this man indicates company. There is not any me sing all-around with him.”RELATED: Reid Duke clears up Magic: The Accumulating confusionI know you happen to be po sibly sitting down again proper now declaring: “no way.” But with the blend, you will find groups that will get in the experience like this.Not all teams will probably be this fashion. You’ll be able to inform whenever you stroll from the space.Some groups, anyone will probably be standing if you stroll in and currently being helpful. Others, absolutely everyone will probably be all seated, with serious seems to be on their own faces.You can get a feeling of their demeanor when you wander during the home.Many teams will inquire questions to check if you’ll throw your teammates under the bus.Or your mentor.For the time, you might not notice what they’re executing.This is a magic formula: “they’re just seeking to obtain to know you.”They desire to find out if you may to s another person beneath the bus the moment the warmth receives turned up. Or if you may stick up on your own.They need to discover how you might be in related tough circumstances should you have been taking part in for their workforce.I will not likely tell you the correct way to answer, for the reason that there are not proper solutions for these queries. All I’m able to explain to you would be to response the thoughts the ideal you may, even though you must be brutal. Should you be truthful, but well mannered and maybe even have a small cockine s, it is really improved than telling them what you believe they need to listen to.This brutal honesty just isn’t a bad i sue mainly because you might not feel it, but teams know how to inform when you’re not becoming trustworthy. Having an answer Vegas Strong Jersey that may not ideal is better than not telling the reality.The very best tips I am able to give to you personally will be to just be who you happen to be.But bear in mind, although. You might be an adult now. Count on to generally be handled like one.Linked: How did the Golden Knights uncover Reid Duke?* * * * *Tweet from @GoldenKnights: The entire Golden Knights lately joined in about the NHL custom of actively playing some pregame soccer. pic.twitter.com/0AhDXhmMPgThat’s the e sential i sue to remember.With the second you receive from the plane for that incorporate, a sume being taken care of like an grownup. For many of you, you’ve got under no circumstances actually been on your own like this right before.There is certainly not gonna be everyone demonstrating you all-around or making sure you might be seemed right after, or that you have a incredibly hot meal to take in.There’s no person there to shuttle you all over, either.I’m severe.You’ll get off the plane as well as the initial thing you’ll do is should find your way in a very weird city towards your resort, the place you will be handed your itinerary.You will be energized to get within the mix, but this may be when it gets true.Throughout the time, you can feel you happen to be participating in well. You’ll be undertaking all the things you may for getting superior and try to indicate groups what type of player that you are.You’ll be snug that there are teams that have desire in you. Just after each one of these months, it won’t be till you get to your hotel to the merge right until you actually know how substantially interest there is.Or how very little.If you reach your lodge, the main matter you’ll be handed is your plan to the 7 days. In your routine, it’ll record the groups that you’re scheduled to satisfy with.And there it truly is.You only observed out the amount desire you can find in you. Proper at lodge check-in, while in the lobby.Perhaps you’ll be ble sed and po se s 20 teams would like to speak with you. Or maybe it will only be two or three.You won’t know for sure until eventually you have your itinerary, and there is an opportunity it may well shock you.But recall, there is not any time and energy to be stunned.I do not say this to scare you, but you are now being watched.Correct now, you are staying viewed.From the second you receive for your lodge, you’ll be surrounded by hockey men. This is the mix, so you will find hockey folks just about everywhere. And so they all know who you happen to be.If you are rude on the lodge staff, somebody will see it, and so they will just take note. For anyone who is hanging off by you, or in case you are the male that desires to meet up with all your buddies and go around town, another person will recognize.Have confidence in me.You’re being viewed, but you should not be afraid. All teams are attempting to perform is reach know you.I’m serious. All you must do is be who you are.Just recognize that some of your most vital instances will probably be ahead of your interviews even commence.You could po sibly be ready to your interviews, but say you simply must visit the washroom. There is likely to be 5 hockey guys while in the washroom.If this happens, they are going to notice how you react to them. Getting expert it, it’s significant to become well mannered, whilst you will need to remain purely natural.Related: What’s the nece sity of being an NHL team’s very first player?You’ll be ready for your personal interviews, however , you just got your 2nd interview while in the washroom.It did not take prolonged. It had been it’s po sible just a few seconds. However they seen the way you acted.From my practical experience, groups pays as much consideration to how you’d communicate with them while in the washroom because they will to your job interview.But now you are an adult. You have to be geared up that at any time may be an job interview. It truly is just like getting knowledgeable hockey participant. When you are a pro hockey player, you can be out to dinner with close friends, and an individual will figure out you.Like a profe sional hockey player, you’re planning to would like to represent your crew ideal, and it will not make a difference that you just have been caught off guard when you treat someone the wrong way.If hockey fellas see you currently being impolite into a waiter, exactly how much self-confidence will they’ve that you’re going to represent their group suitable?So just be prepared to be polite. It will be identical to your parents always tried to instruct you.More and more, you will learn that your mother and father ended up generally correct.Although nobody’s asking you to definitely be excellent, you’ll have to remember that you have to generally be accountable now.Any time you get to the blend, your timetable will vary. The first couple of times, all you’ll have are your interviews, top in the conditioning exams about the previous working day.As much as you’ve organized for this 7 days, there is a very good opportunity that you have a whole lot of downtime. This is where the accountability arrives in.My year, the merge was in Toronto. A whole lot of my buddies were in for your mix also, and that i keep in mind 5-6 of https://www.popularknights.com/vegas-golden-knights-jersey/vadim-shipachyov-jersey us went out to your ballgame a single evening. Which was terrific. These are definitely memories I will have with the rest of my everyday living.I try to remember a further person, however, who went out into the mall. Since you’re an grownup, it’s your job to create positive you can get towards your interviews. I don’t forget 1 person went to your mall and no matter what wound up taking place, he ended up lacking 1 of his interviews.This is often what you don’t desire to have materialize. You will find nobody responsible other than your self. You will need to get accountability.What does it say to a team when you did not make it to the job interview?Connected: Reid Duke receives fascinating Twitter congratulationsFor many of you, you will find that all of your interviews are crammed to the exact same working day. Several of your buddies should have all in their interviews spread out acro s quite a few times. It’s going to fluctuate.Given how thrilled you all are, it will be difficult to keep it bottled up inside of. You are going to know who your buddies are interviewing with. It would be some of exactly the same groups when you.For me, I remember spending a great deal of my downtime inside the lodge, having my slumber in and making an attempt to remain organized. You will get your routine the primary working day, but items will improve.They will unquestionably alter.You’ll need interviews added on, and perhaps even have some rescheduled.You will have to take full advantage of your downtime, and be prepared for the fitne s tests at the conclusion of the week. Though you’ll always ought to be mindful that matters are topic to vary. Like an adult, you’ll have to be flexible and able to get to in which you’re asked.Relax once you can, but be well prepared.Provided that you get to where by you might be requested to go promptly and become by yourself, you ought to be wonderful.I do know quite a bit of you might be stre sing with regard to the work out working day, way too. Never be. Equally as you will need to be oneself in the interviews, you just ought to be who that you are in the exercises.There’s a rationale you had been invited towards the blend.For anyone who is right here, it’s since you belong.Confident, there may be a guy who’s an absolute beast to the bench pre s that goes appropriate forward of you. It does not make any difference.When you get older, you’ll find that there’s more compact gamers that get two or a few bench pre ses and they are participating in in the NHL. And afterwards there’s a dude acquiring 18-20 reps and he’s nonethele s enjoying junior.The exams are e sential, the scores are important, but it really is about that which you can perform over the ice. As well as the effort you put in.Teams have performed their homework on you. They understand what form of participant you are. If one guy is really a ma sive defenseman and you are a scorer, groups is likely to be shelling out a lot more notice to diverse exams for him than they can be for yourself.They may not expect you to definitely do as numerous reps as some other person. Or even treatment.Think of it by doing this. Even if you can only do 2-3 reps, all that indicates is you do have a large amount of space to acquire, wherever a guy that is an complete beast might not have any area to further improve. And perhaps however you are not as created as him proper now, you’ll be able to already skate with him within the ice, where by it i sues.Whilst some fellas you’ll see will likely be intimidating, it’s important to recall this and remain confident in who you will be. You’re right here as a result of who that you are, but that is also your opportunity to demonstrate teams what you happen to be definitely built of.Probably you’ll only have a couple reps in, but what about your battle stage?Related: Golden Knights staff members in complete Entry Draft modeOr probably they only anticipated you to definitely do 2-3 reps, however you did 5-6.Teams listen to this. They undoubtedly do. Just as much as what your scores are, they’ll detect how it was that you simply managed you with your tests. For those who stop over a take a look at, you merely confirmed your legitimate hues.Specially the bicycle examination. I do know you have viewed the bicycle check on Television, and therefore are most likely dreading it.It’s only thirty seconds prolonged, the 1 test. They tape your feet to the pedals, close your nostrils and put this mask about your confront to breathe into, using a tube jogging down the back of the bike into a Tomas Tatar Jersey laptop. It will eventually surprise you, though the mask is actually a ton heavier than it appears to be like.This could be your previous exam right before your 7 days is finished, plus your adrenaline might be pumping. It is only thirty seconds, however, you need to go as difficult while you can. Even even now, your legs is going to be lifele s 10-15 seconds in. The bicycle incorporates a lot of resistance programmed on it.The combine has 4-5 individuals beside your bike, screamingPUMP, PUMP, PUMP!Everybody else while in the home will listen to them, besides you. You’ll be dialed in.For any lots of guys, they pretty much faint whenever they get from the bike. Or their legs collapse. The personnel winds up po se sing to hold quite a bit of guys off.I keep in mind staying taken into a home immediately after the bike exams and there were like 10-15 guys in there. Some experienced their heads buried in trash cans. Some others ended up laying within the ground, or placing their legs up with a wall.Related: Golden Knights psyched for initial NHL CombineThis is how difficult this test is.But as the incorporate team yells PUMP, PUMP, PUMP!You must pay attention to them.Although your legs are dead, just retain pumping.You’ve got worked difficult to acquire to the merge, and you happen to be pretty much performed. You’ll be able to begin to see the light at the end of the tunnel, so just maintaining pumping.Just retain pumping, be by yourself and do the very best you can.And just in the event that another person asks, be ready to notify a joke.
- Silicon Photonics
- Nano photonics,
- Photonic Crystal,
- Optical switching
Current studies involve a planar metamaterial Lüneburg lens enables Fourier optics on-a-chip:
It can be implemented in an SOI slab waveguide structure by patterning the silicon core with variable sized holes which subwavelength patterning of binary nanocomposite material form the metamaterial. This structure offers the advantage of fabrication by a single etch step while demanding feature sizes that can be accessed by deep UV lithography in addition to e-beam lithography. The concept and designs were verified by the 2D FDTD simulation of a two lens telescope system and a 3D FDTD simulation of the same two lens telescope system predicts a low loss of -0.83 dB. This structure can be used in optical transpose interconnection systems in optical switching architectures with the advantage of avoiding large number crossover waveguides in optical communication systems.
- Nikkhah, H., Benhsaien, A., Maldonado-Basilio, R., Abdul-Majid, S., Hall, T. J., “Metamaterial Lüneburg waveguide lenses for switch fabric on-a-chip applications,” Proc. SPIE 8915, 89150O (2013)
- H. Nikkhah, T. J. Hall, ‘A transpose optical interconnect utilising metamaterial Luneburg waveguide lenses for switch fabric on-a-chip applications’, SPIE Photonics West, San Francisco, United States, 2-7 February 2013, Proc. SPIE, 8627, 86270V-1 (9 pages).
- R. Maldonado-Basilio, R. Li, S. Abdul-Majid, H. Nikkhah, K. W. Leong, T. Hall, ‘Effect of the degree of phase-correlation of laser sources on the transmission and optical coherent detection in radio-over-fibre systems’, SPIE Photonics West, San Francisco, United States, 2-7 February 2013, Proc. SPIE 8645, pp. 86450E-1/10.(10 pages)
- H. Nikkhah, K. Van Acoleyen, R. Baets, ‘Beam steering for wireless optical links based on an optical phased array in silicon’, Annals of Telecommunications, Springer, (online since June 2012), 68, (1-2), February 2013, pp 57-62.
- Trevor J. Hall, Ramón Maldonado-Basilio, Sawsan Abdul-Majid, Joe Seregelyi, Ran Li, Irene Antolín-Pérez, Hamdam Nikkhah, Frédéric Lucarz, Jean-Louis de Bougrenet de La Tocnaye, Bruno Fracasso, Patrice Pajusco, Camilla Kärnfelt, Daniel Bourreau, Michel Ney, Rabiaa Guemri, Yves Josse, Hexin Liu, ‘Radio-over-Fibre Access for Sustainable Digital Cities’, Annals of Telecommunications, Springer, 2013, 68(1-2), pp. 3-21.
- H. Nikkhah, Q. Zheng, I. Hassan, S. Abdul-Majid, T. J. Hall, ‘The Free Space and Waveguide Talbot Effect: Phase Relations and Planar Light Circuit Applications’, Photonics North 2012, Montreal, Canada, June 2012, Proc. SPIE 8412, 2012, art. 841217
- H. Nikkhah, R. Baets, K. Van Acoleyen: ‘Optical Phased Arrays in Silicon on Insulator for Optical Wireless Systems’, Green Radio over Fibre and all-optical Wireless Technologies for Wireless Access Networks’, Brest, France, 15-17 June 2011.
Mehedi Hasan started his career as an academician by joining at Military Institute of Science and Technology, Bangladesh as a “Lecturer” in 2009. Prior to that, in the same year he completed bachelor in Electrical, Electronic and Communication Engineering from the same university. Then he completed M. A. Sc. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from University of Ottawa, Canada in 2015. In the same year, he has started Ph.D. at center for Research in Photonics, University of Ottawa under the supervision of Professor Trevor Hall after he has been awarded International Admission Scholarship for four years. His research currently focuses on the modeling and design of photonic integrated circuit for energy efficient and sustainable next generation network.
- M. Hasan, J. Hu, H. Nikkah and T. J. Hall,“ A photonic circuit for complementary frequency shifting, in-phase quadrature/single sideband modulation and frequency multiplication: analysis and integration feasibility,” Journal of Modern Optics (Online).
- M. Hasan, T. J. Hall, “Comments on Xuan Li, Shanghong Zhao, Zihang Zhu, Bing Gong, Xingchun Chu, Yongjun Li, Jing Zhao and Yun Liu ‘An optical millimeter-wave generation scheme based on two parallel dual-parallel Mach–Zehnder modulators and polarization multiplexing,” Journal of Modern Optics (Online).
- T. J. Hall and M. Hasan, “Universal discrete Fourier optics RF photonic integrated circuit architecture,” Optics Express 24(7), (2016).
- M. Hasan, and T. J. Hall, “Rebuttal to Photonic Microwave Generation with Frequency Octo-tupling based on a DP-QPSK Modulator,” IEEE Photonic Technology Letters 28(16),1794 (2016).
- M. Hasan, and T. J. Hall, “A photonic frequency octo-tupler with reduced RF drive power and extended spurious sideband suppression,” Optics and Laser Technology 81, 115-121(2016).
- M. Hasan, R. Guemri, R. Maldonado-Basilio, F. Lucarz, J-L de Bougrenet and T. J. Hall, “Photonic integrated circuit for frequency 8- and 24-tupled millimeter wave signal generation: erratum,” Optics Letters 40(24), 5710 (2015).
- M. Hasan, and T. Hall, “Cascade photonic integrated circuit architecture for electro-optic I-Q / SSB modulation or frequency conversion,” Optics Letters 40(21), 5038-5041(2015).
- M. Hasan, and T. Hall, “A photonic circuit for high order USB and LSB separation for remote heterodyning: simulation and analysis” Optics Express 23(19), 25259-25271 (2015).
- R. Maldonado-Basilio, M. Hasan, R. Gumeri, F. Lucarz, T. J. Hall, “Generalized Mach–Zehnder interferometer architectures for radio frequency translation and multiplication: Suppression of unwanted harmonics by design,” Optics communication 354, 122-127 (2015).
- R. Maldonado-Basilio, M. Hasan, H. Nikkah, S. Abdul-Majid, R. Gumeri, F. Lucarz, J-L. de Bougrenet and T. J. Hall, “Electro-optic up-conversion mixer amenable to photonic integration,” Journal of Modern Optics 62(17), 1405-1411 (2015).
- M. Hasan, R. Maldonado-Basilio, and T. J. Hall, “Dual-function photonic integrated circuit for electro optic frequency multiplication or single-side-band modulation,” Optics Letters 40(11), 2501 (2015).
- M. Hasan, R. Maldonado-Basilio, T. J. Hall, “Comments on X. Yin, A. Wen, Y. Chen, and T. Wang, ‘studies in an optical millimeter-wave generation scheme via two parallel dual-parallel Mach-Zehnder modulators,” Journal of Modern Optics 62(7), 581-583 (2015).
- M. Hasan, R. Guemri, R. Maldonado-Basilio, F. Lucarz, J-L de Bougrenet and T. J. Hall, “Photonic integrated circuit for frequency 8- and 24-tupled millimeter wave signal generation,” Optics Letters 39(24), 6950 (2014).
- I. Baqee, M. Hasan, K. K. Das, M. U. Saad, S. Serraji, “A Neural Network-based Face Recognition Method by Illumination Normalization & Edge Detection,” Journal of Applied Engineering Research 6(17), 2069-2077(2011)
Publications (Conference Proceedings):
- M. Hasan, D. Sun, P. Liu and T. J. Hall, “Towards a universal RF photonic integrated circuit architecture for microwave applications,” 37th Progress in Electromagnetics Research Symposium (PIERS), Shanghai, China 8-11 August (2016).
- T. J. Hall and M. Hasan, “Universal photonic integrated circuit architecture: the discrete Fourier transform case,” Photonics North, Montreal, Canada (2016).
- R. Maldonado-Basilio, N. Nabavi, K. Aulakh, M. Hasan, and T. J. Hall, ‘Photonic Integrated Circuit for Millimeter-Wave Signal Generation by Frequency Multiplication’, IEEE Photonics Conference, Hyatt Regency Reston, Reston, Virginia USA ,4 – 8 October 2015.
- I. Jahangir, D. M. N. Hasan, S. Islam, N. A. Siddique, M. Hasan, “Development of a novel quaternary algebra with the design of some useful logic blocks,” – In proceedings of 12th International Conference of Computer and Information Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh, pp. 197-202 (2009).
- I. Jahangir, D. M. N. Hasan, S. Islam, N. A. Siddique, M. Hasan, “Design of quaternary sequential circuits using a newly proposed quaternary algebra,” – In proceedings of 12th International Conference of Computer and Information Technology, Dhaka, Bangladesh, pp. 203-208 (2009).